Episode 9 – A Background in Business aided in the Launch of an Independent Music Career (Interview w/ KJ Scriven)
KJ Scriven is an entrepreneur, singer, and prolific songwriter hailing out of North Carolina. K.J. brings an anticipated freshness and excitement to the gospel music industry. One of his most noteworthy achievements was that of penning the song “What Can I Do” which was featured on Tye Tribbett’s grammy award-winning album entitled Greater Than. K.J.’s blend of soul, contemporary worship, hip hop, and alternative rock has listeners buzzing at the originality and authenticity of his sound. On this episode of the NSBEpreneur Podcast KJ shares how his academic background in business prepared him for an career as an independent musician. He also gives priceless advice based on lessons he learned along the way.
KJ played basketball all 4 years of high school basketball. Standing at 6’-5”, he frequently gets asked if he plays sports whenever someone meets him for the first time.
- Don’t Wait, Start Now – Don’t wait for the right time because the right time will never come.
- Make sure you put you 10,000 hours in (Ref. Malcolm Gadwell)
- Do what you gotta do until you can do what you wanna do.
*Book and/or Resource:-
- “Outliers: The Story of Success” (book) by Malcolm Gladwell
- “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren
- “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki
- Square Register (app)
- Square Cash (app)
*Books are Amazon affiliate links.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who cn do nothing for him.” – Malcom S. Forbes
Facebook: KJ Scriven Artist Page